Pastor Shannon Ivers
“The Power of God to Save”
“He Leadeth Me”
“God Will Take Care of You”
After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;
(2) And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.
(3) And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.
(4) And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
(5) And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
(6) And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
(7) And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man’s house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.
(8) And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.
(9) Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
(10) For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.
(11) And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
(12) And when Gallio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat,
(13) Saying, This fellow persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law.
(14) And when Paul was now about to open his mouth, Gallio said unto the Jews, If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, reason would that I should bear with you:
(15) But if it be a question of words and names, and of your law, look ye to it; for I will be no judge of such matters.
(16) And he drave them from the judgment seat.
(17) Then all the Greeks took Sosthenes, the chief ruler of the synagogue, and beat him before the judgment seat. And Gallio cared for none of those things.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Check out some previous sermons and devotions!
Check out our most recent posts!
John 17:17 Gen. 2:17 1 Samuel chapters 15-16 Esther chapter 3 Genesis chapters 38-40
Job 1:6-12 1 Peter 3:1-7
You’re Invited! to BEHOLD HIS GLORY! Our live nativity community outreach When : this Friday or Saturday Evening, December 9th & 10th, anytime between 6pm & 8pm. What : This event serves as a reminder to all of the miraculous account of Jesus’s birth! there will be hay rides, free food, puppet shows, and of…
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.